What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that is stored on the hard-drive of your computer, tablet, mobile handset or other device. The cookie file allows its issuer to identify the device on which it is stored for the duration of the cookie's validity or storage period. In all cases, the cookie expires after a maximum of 13 months.
The cookies we issue also allow us to:
- implement security measures, such as when you are asked to login to a service or content again after a certain period of time,
- customise the presentation of our website to the display settings of your device (language, operating system used, etc.) when you visit our website, based on your device's hardware and display or reading software. These processes are made possible by the use of functionality cookies,
- give you access to reserved and personal sections of our website thanks to personal identifiers through session cookies,
- collect information about the way in which visitors use the website so we can improve its value and user-friendliness, and compile statistics about the traffic volume and use of the various sections of our website through analytical cookies.
When a user formally accepts cookies, information about each page visited is collected:
- The date when the page in question was visited,
- The user's IP address (as we are unable to identify this information because it is protected by an anonymity system),
- The user's browser and its version.
How to manage cookies
You can choose to accept the placing of your cookies on your device and change your mind at any time by changing the parameters of your web browser.
Depending on the type of browser you use, you will have the following options: accept or reject cookies of any origin or from a given origin, or configure the display of a message seeking your consent each time a cookie is placed on your device.
To make or change your choices, please refer to the help menu or the dedicated section of your browser. For example:
By continuing to browse on the Exane website, you implicitly agree to cookies being placed on your device.
More information about cookies
More information about cookies can be found on the CNIL's website: